You might be surprised by how many people choose to celebrate their marriage on board the Princess Caroline. It’s quite different to your normal hotel of golf club type of wedding venue, in fact it’s completely unique. With that in mind – we’ve put together a guide to help you understand how to plan your wedding with us.
First of all, we want to say how much we all really enjoy having weddings on board the ship, as it is so romantic on the water. If you can picture it in your mind, the ship is like the Orient Express on the Lower deck & just wonderful & light on the Bridge deck where it can be open or enclosed – so you are always comfortable – whatever the weather. ( Christmas is as busy for us as summer time !!)
Wedding Ceremony & Captain’s Blessing
Firstly, and contrary to common belief, captains of merchant vessels in the UK are not permitted to officiate or perform a wedding ceremony on board. This rule applies to the Princess Caroline, so we will work with you adjust the itinerary with us to suit you both according to the time that you are getting married.
However many couples do ask us to perform a Captain’s Blessing. The blessing ceremony is performed by the Captain in full uniform & although not legally binding it will look like it is for all guests viewing it.
It features the Captain’s blessing and the symbolic tying of a nautical knot – a traditional ceremony performed for many years. There is a small charge of £200 for this ceremony but it can be adapted to suit you both personally & it is so special that there are always plenty of tears (happy ones of course!).
Planning your day your way
Pricing for a wedding reception start from £45.00 per person based on a minimum of 85 adult guests for evening reception & dependent on which date you would like – therefore flexibility helps enormously with pricing too !
Many couples have smaller more intimate numbers of guests to enjoy the Wedding breakfast & all others join later for the cruise & party. Others also sometimes marry abroad but would like a big cosy friendly party with everyone afterwards on returning. Everyone is different but my job is to make sure that it’s your day & I want you to feel like everything is exactly how you would like it within the budget that works for you.
The ship is famous for the high quality food – You can pick & chose any style that suits you both within whatever budget – I have enclosed some example ideas.
Please find some very general ideas enclosed below – however it is such a unique venue that you must come down to Town Quay Marina & look around – I can then discuss all of your thoughts, ideas, budget etc to work out the best way forward to find you the ideal way to enjoy your wedding day.
Once on board you will not need to do anything except relax & enjoy being with all of your family & friends.Your guests will be invited down to eat etc by crew members & the whole day will roll into the night making amazing memories that are so different to your average wedding celebration.
Example: Classic Wedding Package up to 120 guests from £4.850 (incl. vat)
- Based on minimum of 50 guests
- Special price deals x minimum of 90 + adult guests for evening reception.
( Choice of date required )
This fantastic package includes the following :
- Informal Toast master / Event organiser ( Andi or Manager ) to run your whole wedding day to ensure that every single detail is looked after & runs perfectly
- 20 x Balloons of your choice of colour
- Ivory coloured table cloths on beautiful wooden tables all fully laid up.
- Welcome drink upon arrival served on Bridge deck – Kir royale / Bucks Fizz or soft drink option also available.
- Three Course Wedding Breakfast served on Lower Restaurant Deck
- 2 x glasses of house wine per person & Bottle of Mineral Water on each table served during meal
- A glass of Bubbly for the toast – PA System available
- Music and Sky Lounge Dance floor on Bridge Deck inclusive our fantastic DJ Paul (or live band/vocalist organised – to be discussed)
- Table Plan
- Menu Cards
- Wedding Cake Knife (& wedding cake can also be arranged to be discussed )
- Bedroom at a quality hotel for the Bride & Groom ( to be discussed – subject to availability )
A Typical Wedding Itinerary
A typical wedding reception itinerary on board the Princess Caroline for up to 120 guests is as follows:
- 1630 Guests Embark and Receive Welcome Drinks
- 1730 Wedding Breakfast served
- 1900 Speeches, Toasts and Wedding Cake Ceremony
- 1915 Evening Reception Guests Arrive & gather on Bridge Deck
- 1955 Captain’s Safety Brief
- 2000 Depart for a gentle Cruise in local Waters taking in any prevailing activities – eg. Cruise Ships, Fireworks, the River Hamble, River Beaulieu, or over to Cowes for example.
- 2005 Party, Music, Dancing and Evening Entertainment
- 2300 Princess Caroline returning to Town Quay Marina for gradual disembarkation of all guests.
- 2330 Final drinks & farewells as last guests depart
How to Book Your Wedding on board the Princess Caroline:
Please contact Andi on 01962 808995 or 07976594663 or complete the contact form here.
You are guaranteed a far more personal service with this family run business who have been in the boating & restaurant business for over twenty years in different countries. Each wedding on board our ship is meticulously planned and you can be assured of the wedding of a lifetime that your family and friends will always remember.
If you’d like to find out why so many people choose the Princess Caroline, please read our extensive customer feedback here.